Creating and Using User Groups allows leadership to quickly send messages to specific groups of people during emergencies.
When you send a message to a User Group, only those individuals in the User Group will receive those messages.
To create a User Group follow these steps:
1. Sign into Share911
2. Click or tap on your name or the menu icon in the upper right-hand corner
3. Click or tap on Manage People
4. Click or tap on User Groups
5. Type the user group(s) you wish to create in the box(es) provided.
6. Locate the User(s) you wish to add to the User Groups by clicking on the back arrow and selecting the user directory.
7. After locating the user, click or tap Actions > Manage Profile
8. Click or tap the My Channels tab
9. Select the User Group(s) that you wish that user be a member of
10. Click or tap Save Changes
To send a message to a User Group follow these steps:
1. Select Broadcast
2. Select Message
3. Select the User Groups
4. Type your message
5. Click Send Message to selected recipients
Note: Users can add themselves to User Groups by following the above steps.